March 25, 2008

Baby Sidell

I am so sad to have missed the birth of my new nephew. From the pictures I"ve been privleged to, he is absolutely perfect and beautiful. It makes me think of the verse where God reminds us..."we are fearfully and wonderfully made." Just as Solomon said to his bride in Song of Songs..."All beautiful you are my darling. There is no flaw in you." I believe this is how Christ sees his creation.
I can't help but wonder how much newborns and infants can sense, emotionally. Do they understand more than the warmth of their mother has she holds her baby, but also gather what her smile and tone of voice are communicating as she whispers, "I love you." Even with their eyes closed, can an infant soak in the emotions radiating around a room filled with jabbering, ecstatic family members, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and proud parents? I know that we can't remember what was felt on the day we were born, or at all how it happened. But is there any evidence that proves an understanding or difference concerning the emotions of the family? I believe that the emotions that the family welcomes their new child, grandchild, or niece/nephew into, is consistent with the closeness, love, and warmth of the family's overall dynamic.

Welcome Baby Blake. May it always be consistent that our family loves you with every breath....and that, despite her absence at the moment, Auntie J is the best!

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

that is why I am Blake's favorite. Not only do we share the same initials (BS), but, I read him his first book!

sharonie said...

Blake cannot wait for Auntie J to come home and to play with him!