November 15, 2007

UGH!!!

There are 32 girls living on my floor. I love and breathe for each and every one. So why is it that some can choose to be so hurtful, disrespectful and ungrateful? The study room, which I paid my own money to finish, is being destroyed. Rotting garbage is found under the futons. The iron is left on almost everyday, all day. Pillows are often strewn about or missing, and scrap paper left in all corners. I also purchased a floor announcement board with my own money. The $25 wasn't easy for me to spend, but I figured I was helping the floor. Then there are the girls that choose to write inappropriate and rude things on the board or to erase my messages left for the girls. It annoys me to death. I feel like I'm babysitting sometimes. The girls that forget they are 20 years old, that choose to disrespect, bother me because all they are thinking about is themselves. I also don't know whether to take this as an attack on my leadership and their feelings about me. I know the one or two girls that tend to cause the problems and stir up drama and don't doubt they are a part of all of this, however am also hoping they have nothing to do with it. This is when I feel Christ surround me and remind me to "Love my enemies." To love someone that is hurting and bothering you is easier said than done and sometimes it feels like they don't ever notice what I give and would do for them. Those are the people that I have to love more than others. They obviously have things that they need to work out and need to be broken with and I know that it's not my job to be their mother and correct them. I just hope that I am making a better impression and am a transparent hand of Christ.
That was a serious post, but I needed to get it out!

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

Sometimes in any kind of ministry it is easy to get frustrated and begin to question the fruit of your labor. When you are unappreciated and disrespected, it is easy to get discouraged. But, you have to remember who you work for, and that it is your job to please HIM and no others.