January 11, 2008

Gettin' Back To Business

Yesterday was my first full day in the classroom. It was a long day, but I realized that even when I'm tired and don't want to go to "work", after 15 minutes with those kids, I know it's where I'm supposed to be. God is truly reaffirming what my vocation is. Before leaving for college my mom continued to tell me that I should be a lawyer, or a doctor, because I have the brains and because she has high hopes for my future. Needless to say, I think she was quite shocked when I chose teaching. I know however, that she understands. I may not make millions but I will impact the life of a child and love what I do. There is no greater reward!

2 comments:

sharonie said...

You will love teaching even more when you have your own classroom....trust me!

Bethany Patrice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.