February 3, 2008

This weekend Jp and I went on the EU Premarital Retreat. It was a truly necessary experience in my opinion. They discussed topics like love language, conflict resolution, finances, and every man's favorite...sex. After each session we had time to reflect with our partner. That was my favorite. I loved hearing what he gathered and thinks we need to do, improve, do well. I enjoyed watching him step up to the plate and be the head of our relationship. This weekend only reaffirmed how much I know that he is the man for me! I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him knowing that he is the most generous, patient, loving, gentle, hard working, and protecting mate a woman could ask for.....I'm a lucky girl, my dad is just like this too! :)
During the sex session, there was so much I took from it that I wish I could preach to the world. It wasn't necessarily things i didn't know, but just reiterated very well. They kept saying that when a man takes a woman without emotions, he is treating her as an object, what a sin! How many people in the world are guilty of this? Then we talked about how sex is the pinnacle of emotional bonding, that contains so many layers underneath and without the permanence of a relationship, there is no security for either person. Isn't this exactly why God intended sex to be within marriage? It makes me so sad to think about the people I've had conversations who can't seem to grasp this concept.

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

Awww...I'm telling mom and dad. Janna said the "s" word!!!