October 27, 2007

I missed the 80's

I realized today how disappointed I am that I missed the 80's. Today at brunch I wore my tribute to the 80's, cut off sweatshirt. I sat at the table and the first thing my friends said to me was, "Goodmorning Kelly Kapowski." I actually took it as a compliment. I mean who wouldn't. They claimed my ponytail sitting on top of my head and sweatshirt, gave me a strong resemblence to the Saved By the Bell beauty queen. I have no problem being compared to an 80's heartthrob. Talking about Saved by the Bell and Full House put me in the mood for musica! I went straight to my room and am currently listening to the 13 Going on 30 Soundtrack, which if you are familiar, features solely hits of the 80's. I LOVE IT! Tainted Love is running through my head and just a minute ago I was basically rapping with Ice, Ice Baby. I vaguely remember when Vanilla Ice was big. I remember having a crush on the hot guy rapping in his wife-beater, and I was only like 5. How is it that even though I barely grew up in that fantastic decade, that I have so much infatuation with its music, shows, and the like? I mean, I know that Saved By the Bell and Full House took place laregly in the early 90's, but to me that meshes closely with the 80's. I wish I could have been a part of that decade more than just to be birthed during its course. For now, I'll live vicariously through its music, shows, and of course the now fashionable return of its fashion. I'm going to wear my Kelly gear around town today....its the most I can do to fullfill the craving...Spandex and all!!!! (although i don't have her legs)

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

sometimes, "girls just wanna have fun". Ha Ha..I'm so hilarious.