December 21, 2007

Hectic Holidays

I'm here at last! Home for the holidays. We got back Wednesday night...the drive went by really fast. I slept, I ate, I sang, I made up games, and I sang some more...and JP drove. From a long ago tradition Sharon and I have, I sang the 12 days of Christmas, each day sporting a new language accent. When I asked JP why he didn't join in he said, "For two reasons, babe. #1 I can't tell any of the accents apart...they all sound the same. #2 You are just so entertaining...it's like I don't need a radio." That's why he loves me. Then yesterday, we left for Milwaukee around 1 and spent the afternoon and evening visiting our friend Geoff, one of the groomsman, and my old roomie, Madeline. This morning we left Milwaukee at 6 am, in order for me to get to work on time...for Rosie. Even though we were in Milwaukee for only 12 hours, it was still so nice to be with them. God has truly blessed us with some great friends, and although their hometowns are spread all throughout the U.S., it's amazing how with some people you can just pick up where you left off.
JP and I realized the source of many of our disagreements: car rides. I'm not a good navigator, but because I like to be in control, whether driving or on board as a passenger, I like to be the navigator. On the way to Milwaukee, i fell asleep, while i was supposed to be navigating. needless to say, I was fired from the position. JP thought he'd give me another chance on the way home, but I ended up getting us lost and having him take the wrong exit. Finally, he said, "I never thought I'd say it but, just close your eyes and go to sleep. You are making me nervous." I know I've heard those words before and they happen to be straight from the lips of my father, "RoseAnn, just close your eyes and go to sleep." THis is when she tries to drive from the passenger seat.
Tonight I have to do some Christmas shopping, that I left until the last minute, and then tomorrow we are going for flowers. By we I mean Jp's mom, mom, and I. All JP asked was, "When's the cake testing?" Fine by me! :) Then it's a very merry Mangialardi Christmas at our house tomorrow night. It's only just begun!

No comments: