October 28, 2008

Biggest Loser

JP and I have really gotten into the show "Biggest Loser" this season. I believe it's for two different reasons.

1. There's isn't much on on Tuesday nights.

2. It gives one's own body image a boost.

*Guest which one was my excuse?

We ashamedly found ourselves screaming at the tv as "hefty" Heba (As we like to call her) had created a terrible tragedy out of the game. Her actions annoyed me. Needless to say something good did come out of tonight's episode. A man sent home, returned to his wife with a ring and flowers at the place he first proposed 20 years ago, and surprised her with a renewal of their vows upon his homecoming. It was the sweetest thing to see his hands shake as he asked her for her hand in marriage...again! I only want to be that happy in 20 years, and that in love...and that blessed with a still thoughtful husband. (I'm not too afraid...I know I've got a great catch!)

On another note, I have been trying recipes for under $7 and 300 calories, from the biggest loser. Last night was

Grilled Chicken with Warm Mango Salsa
SO YUMMY!

-mango
-small jalepeno
-fresh cilantro
-medium red onion
-medium tomato
-2 limes (zest & juice)
-chicken

-Cook strips of chicken or cut chicken breast or thighs into strips after cooked. (spray both sides of chicken with PAM before cookin)

-Spray onions with PAM and cook until tender
-Mix jalepeno, mango, tomato into onions and cook until warm through

-Top salsa with cilantro (2/3 cup) and juice and zest from 2 limes
-Serve chicken with warm mango salsa!!!!! YUM!

No comments: